Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Top o' the morning to you! Happy St. Patrick's Day!! I hope if the leprechauns visited you last night, that they did only fun pranks and left you some sweets. We never had one visit before, but I had caught word that the crazy little green man was planning a visit to our home.

We spent yesterday afternoon making him some fake gold. We spray painted gold on lima beans; very quick and fun. We were hoping that we could entice him with our gold and possibly trap him!


And then right before bedtime, Kiddo had a mini melt down. The idea of a little green man magically getting into our home while we slept, peeing green in the toilet, changing the color of our milk, and possibly even being trapped in our green bucket was just all too much. Couldn't blame her..kinda sounds like a bad college roommate! So in a last minute effort to keep Kiddo's sanity, but still have fun, I left our pot of gold on the doorstep and left a note asking the leprechaun to please refrain from coming in.

Luckily we had a very understanding leprechaun and he did abide by our wishes. And he even left treats! A bucket full of gold chocolate coins and chocolate potatoes. (OK, so they are really divinity chocolate eggs..the leprechaun had a fit at See's when he discovered the yummy potatoes had been sold out for a week..big sad face!)

We had a fun morning with Lucky Charms cereal and green milk. Kiddo was pretty sure it would taste awful, but was delighted to learn the flavor did not change. I haven't yet told her that um..something else will change color in about 4 hours..we will cross the bridge later..


 Baby, Daddy, and I had devoured our green eggs. Seriously, our breakfast tomorrow is sure to be lame in comparison..


I made the girls matching St. Patrick's day outfits so that they will not get pinched today! Why isn't there an adorable picture of them wearing it? Kiddo refused to wear it and Baby is in hers, but playing at the park with Daddy. Oh well..
 As I was appliqueing on the heart and shamrock, it occurred to me that almost all the outfits I make for the girls with appliques.. are hearts. Eh.. I'll need to work on that one I guess, but I still think it's adorable. And all the hearts are just because I love my little Irish girls soo much!

Hope you have a wonderful day! We have our corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes in the crock pot. Nothing like finishing dinner before 9am..

And don't forget that next week I will be posting a daily tutorial of Easter pillows - it is sure to be an eggcellent series!

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

What cute traditions. I can understand the meltdown!!!! It does sound like a bad college roommate.

Suzanne said...

What wonderful St. Paddy's Day traditions. For years, I made green tuna fish sandwiches for my Husbands work meal. Completely grossed out the other guys....lol

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...