Thursday, March 29, 2012

One Day I Won't Be Able To Run..Today Is Not That Day


Who is that handsome superhero in disguise? His name is Gage. He is about my eldest daughter's age and he's been in the hospital more times in his young lifetime than I ever have. He had a brain tumor and is now recovering from major surgery. I can not for the life of me fathom what this adorable little man is enduring nor the pain & financial hit his parents have had.

I'm not writing this to plead with you to donate money (though if you want to, that is pure awesome). What I am asking you, is if you live in Utah.. come run with me. That's it, come run with me. There is a 5k run on April 28th to raise money for this amazing family. Seriously, is there a better way to start the event season or more beautiful inspiration to get off that couch and move??  I think not.

I will be there. I will be running with all my heart. I will do it because Gage could have been my baby. He could have been yours. Let's show Gage his superhero powers have not gone unnoticed!

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I cannot imagine!!! Prayers are going out to him and his family.

Unknown said...

So great of you to run for him.

Lysa said...

YOU are an angel. I am Gage's aunt Lysa and I want to Thank You. Thank you for this beautiful post about the little guy that has won over the hearts of so many but whom we have always loved. Your kindness and love means so much. Thank You.

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...