Friday, March 2, 2012

Reading is Fundamental!

Did you know that I'm a substitute librarian? I earned my Master's in Library Science  and for a few years I was a corporate librarian. I didn't like it. I took a few years off and missed working in a public library, where I had worked while I earned my degree. However by then I had created my own business and it was not feasible for me to add another 40 hours to my hectic schedule. When I found out about the opportunity to be a substitute, I jumped at the chance. It gave me the opportunity to use my Master's degree, a break from working in the home, and be around BOOKS!

I love books. I love cracking open a brand new story and feeling swept into another world. It truly is the cheapest vacation. Though these days most of the books on my shelf are art & craft books; I love the eye candy!

When Kerrie More, the author of my feature article in Mary Jane's Farm, asked if I would be interested in creating a reader profile for her blog, I jumped at the chance. Kerrie's reader questions were so thoughtful that it took me the better part of the day to answer them. I was caught up in remembering my earliest memories of books. I loved recalling how my father would attempt to read to me at bedtime, most of the time my mother & I would giggle. My parents undoubtedly created my deep love of books at an early age. This is something I hope that I have also cultivated in my daughters. They love it when I come home from a library shift with my arms full of books for them.

Want to know what my all time favorite book is? The one that made me bawl in an airport? Well.. you have to hop on over!  And be sure to check out the other reader profiles, I bet there will be some new books you will want to read. This is an awesome series and I hope you will spend some time checking it out!

Thank you Kerrie!

1 comment:

kerriemore said...

I'm speechless. What a great post, and thank you so much for participating. I look forward to more collaborations in the future! Much love to you and Happy Reading!

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...